- Tons of drums and percussion sounds in a convenient playable package
- More accurate for live playing with less chance of hitting wrong pad
- Future-proof. You can add new drum sounds whenever you need them
- Multiple styles of play for the drum set player or hand percussionist
- Complete solution for e-drummer, percussionist, teacher, and producer – virtually any musician.
MULTI-Voice and MULTI-Effect! -Preset Kit-
In addition to a broad spectrum of voices taken from the world renowned, flagship MOTIF series synthesizers, the DTX-MULTI 12 also features many new percussion sounds that have been collected through Yamaha’s advanced sampling techniques and ready-to-use effect sounds for a grand total of 1,277 voices.- The DTX-MULTI 12 includes not only digital sounds but also DJ sounds and a rich variety of voices from percussion, chromatic percussion, folk, and acoustic drum instruments.- You can also import WAV and AIFF audio files from a USB memory device and use them as voices.- The DTX-MULTI 12 functions as a sample playback device with 64MB of battery backed Flash ROM.- Together with great-sounding reverb and chorus effects that can be applied to entire drum kits, the DTX-MULTI 12 also features a Variation effect unit that can be used to enhance individual voices in many exciting ways.
MULTI-Pattern! -Preset Pattern-
– The DTX-MULTI 12 comes complete with 128 different MIDI playing patterns (including 3 demo patterns) from a world-wide range of musical genres including folk music, rock, and house.- You can easily start and stop patterns by simply striking the pads. In addition, you can record your own performances as patterns or create patterns on a PC. These patterns can then be assigned to pads.- Using the Tap Tempo function, you can set the tempo for patterns and the click track by simply striking pads. In this way, you can conveniently and intuitively set the tempo that you need.
MULTI-Mode! -Play Modes-
The DTX-MULTI 12 provides a number of playing modes and features that enable performers to directly express their art and talent. They are:- Stick mode, optimized for playing the instrument with drum sticks- Hand mode, for conveying subtle expressions through hand percussion.- Finger mode, for extremely intricate finger drumming.- Muting feature, which enables sounds to be muted or changed when a hand is pressed down on a pad as it is struck.
MULTI-Assignment! -Trigger Function-
– Up to four different voices can be assigned to each pad.- The DTX-MULTI 12 is packed with a multitude of features to stimulate creativity such as Stack mode in which all the notes assigned to a pad are triggered simultaneously with a single strike and Alternate mode in which the notes assigned to the pad are played individually in turn each time it is struck.
MULTI-Interface! -Music Production-
In addition to the MIDI In/Out port, the DTX-MULTI 12 is equipped with a USB TO HOST port that can be connected to a PC with a USB cable (sold separately) and a USB TO DEVICE port that can be save the user kit data on a USB memory.- This connection can be used in a variety of ways. For example, those who have difficulty playing a keyboard can input MIDI data directly to DAW software, and others can play computer software synthesizer sounds by striking the DTX-MULTI 12.- “Cubase AI 5” by Steinberg, a DAW software application, is bundled with the DTX-MULTI 12. You can begin modifying the pitch and rhythm of the MIDI data that you input using the DTX-MULTI 12 and begin composing elaborate pieces of music on the same day you buy the DTX-MULTI 12.- By installing the DTX-MULTI 12 Extension (planned for future release on our Web site), you will be able to control Cubase AI 5 directly from the DTX-MULTI 12 front panel. This extension will dramatically improve your efficiency in music composition.
The DTX-MULTI 12 comes with trigger-input jacks that five external pads can be connected to as well as one foot switch jack and one hi-hat controller jack.You can customize the DTX-MULTI 12 to suit your needs. You can:- Connect a hi-hat controller (such as the HH65) and a kick pad (such as the KP65) to use the DTX-MULTI 12 as a compact drum kit.- Use a foot switch (such as the FC4) to switch between different drum kits and phrase patterns.- Use a foot controller (such as the FC7 and FC9) to control the volume and effect values in real time.- Connect a drum trigger (such as the DT20) to convert acoustic drum performances to trigger signals and input these signals for playback.* Hi-hat controllers, foot switches, foot controllers, kick pads, and drum triggers are sold separately.
- Width 345mm
- Height 96mm
- Depth 319mm
- Weight 3.3kg
- Built-in pads: 12
- External inputs: 5 (three-zone x 1; monaural x 4)
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 notes
- Voices: Drum and percussion: 1,061 Keyboard: 216
- Effects: Variation x 42 types; Chorus x 6 types; Reverb x 6 types: 5-band master equalizer
- Drum kits: Preset: 50 User-defined: 200
- Wave memory: 100 MB (16-bit linear conversion)
- Note Resolution: Quarter note / 480
- Patterns: Preset patterns: 128 phrases (including 3 demo patterns) User-defined patterns: 50 phrases
- Sequence formats: Proprietary SMF Format 0 (for loading only)
- Sequence capacity: 152,000 notes
- Recording method: Real-time overdubbing